ITMO University supports its students’ desire to participate in online and offline short-term educational events (up to one month in length) and research internships in a relevant field of study (up to one semester in length) held in Russia (but outside of St. Petersburg) and abroad, and invites them to participate in a competition for partial funding of such endeavors.
We accept applications for partial funding of participation in online and offline conferences, seminars, schools, intensive training weeks, competitions, tournaments, research internships and other events held by Russian and international universities, both ITMO’s partner universities and other research and education centers.
ITMO University can reimburse no more than 70%, and no more than 70,000 rubles, of your expenses.
The competition is open throughout the year. It’s important to submit your application no later than one month before your planned departure (if you are to particpate in an offline event), or no later than one week before the start of an online event.
Read the stories of students who obtained ITMO University’s financial support and went on their short-term trips!
You can choose an international or Russian event:
Register for the chosen online event and receive an invitation for participation.
After receiving an invitation to participate in the chosen online event (i.e. before it starts), you should immediately send the following documents to email@example.com:
A notification about the results of the partial funding competition will be sent to the email address stated in your application within five business days. If the decision is positive, it will take effect after you complete Step 6.
Participate in the online event and receive the certificate of participation.
Within three working days after the completion of the online event, you should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
You may be required to provide additional documents. You will be informed about this via an email sent to the address stated in your application.
Remember that ITMO University can only reimburse no more than 70% of your registration fee, and no more than 70,000 rubles.
*If two or more students are going to attend the same event with one report and poster presentation for all, only one of them can qualify for attaining ITMO University’s financial support.
You can choose an international or Russian event:
If a registration fee needs to be paid when registering for the conference, the application can be considered without the invitation. In this case, please send your invitation to email@example.com after the official announcement of results of the competition at least two weeks before the start of the trip.
The list of the documents necessary for participation in ITMO University’s partial support competition includes:
1. A scanned copy of the signed application
2. Invitation from the hosting party, which must include its official letterhead and indicate the following:
If a registration fee needs to be paid when registering for the conference, the application can be considered without the invitation. In this case, please send your invitation after the official announcement of the competition's results at least two weeks before the start of the trip.
3. The program of the event (if participating in a research internship, the indication of the internship’s goals and plan in the invitation will be enough).
4. When participating in an event abroad or an event in Russia the working language of which is English, you have to provide a certificate confirming your English language proficiency (no lower than the B2 level) if English isn’t your native language. If you don’t have a certificate, you can sign up for an English language test at ITMO University here. If the event is hosted in a language other than English, sign up for a test by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re planning to pay for tickets or other services using a card registered on another person, make sure to mention it in your letter when applying for the contest.
For your application to be considered, the competition’s coordinators may ask you to submit additional documents or correct the already submitted ones. You will be informed about this via a letter sent to the email you indicated in your application.
ITMO University’s Academic Mobility Support Office is situated at the following address: Lomonosova St. 9, room 2139c (in the yellow-colored building next to the university campus) phone 480-08-71.
Important! The Competition Committee will not consider your application if you don’t submit it to the Academic Mobility Support Office will all the necessary signatures.
You will be sent a notification to the email you indicated in your application within five working days.
1. If you’re participating with a report, exhibit, poster presentation or an article in an event abroad, obtain an expert evaluation and identification examination report via ISU (ISU: Personal page - Education and Science - Examination of the Materials).
Important! The documents need to be ready at least a week before the trip.
2. Once you’re notified of their completion at the email you indicated in your application, print all the documents for your trip from the Administrative Services section in ISU.
3. Sign the documents yourself and get the signatures of your faculty’s dean and the head of your work unit at ITMO (if applicable).
4. Bring the signed documents to the Student Services Office (Lomonosova St. 9, room 1400 or Kronverksky Pr. 49, room 1305).
Within three days after your arrival, you need to submit these documents to the Student Services Office.
After that, wait for an email confirming that your expense report is ready can be obtained at the Student Services Office. Once you get it, you will need to sign it yourself, as well as get the signatures of your dean and the head of your work unit (if applicable), and return the document no later than five working days after you received the email.