Exchange semester at ITMO University
Want to gain new insights into your favorite study subjects and expand your cultural horizons? Thinking about doing a double-degree Master’s program or pursuing your PhD at a university away from home? A semester exchange will be an excellent springboard for that experience. Studying at ITMO University will not only contribute to your academic and professional development but also enrich you with intercultural experience and personal skills which will no doubt contribute to your CV and advance you in your future career. Not to mention the fun you’ll have exploring our beautiful city of St. Petersburg and the rest of Russia while hanging out with people from all over the world!
One of Russia’s leading and most innovative higher education institutions and seven-time world programming champion, ITMO University offers dozens of educational tracks in a variety of cutting-edge scientific fields such as economics and innovations, IT and programming, control systems and robotics, as well as environmental studies, all taught by leading researchers and industry specialists.
The tentative list of courses to be offered in 2022 will be available soon. Note that exchange students are also welcome to attend the courses offered within ITMO's international Master’s degree programs.
And if you're still deciding, read about the experiences of a student from Brazil who participated in our exchange semester!
To be eligible for exchange studies, you must:
- be enrolled in a degree program at your home university;
- be an undergraduate (3rd or 4th year) or a Master’s student;
- be nominated for exchange studies by your home university;
- have good academic performance;
- have B1-B2 level of English;
- be highly motivated to spend one/two semesters at ITMO University;
- be a mature person able to take responsibility for your actions;
- be ready to abide by the rules and regulations of the exchange program.
- Study period: September 1 – December 31
- New Year holidays: January 1-10
- Examination period: January 11-31
- Study period: February 1 – May 31
- Examination period: June
- Holidays: July-August
ITMO Grading System
Russian grade to ECTS grade:
5 (excellent) = A (91-100%), high level of competence
4 (good) = B (83-90%) or C (74-82%), good general performance
3 (satisfactory) = D (67-73%) or E (60-66%), fair general performance
2 (unsatisfactory) = F (59% and less), failure
Passed = U/T (60% and more), ungraded test
*1 ECTS credit is equal to 36 academic hours (including in-class and individual learning)