ITMO’s Admission Office oversees the admission process to the University’s international educational programs of different levels (from short-term courses to full-time Master’s programs taught in English), providing administrative support and advisory services to prospective students.
The Office’s main areas of work include:
- Providing prospective students with information on the available international programs, admission procedure, eligibility, tuition fees and other relevant topics;
- Managing all the procedures of admission to the international Master’s degree programs, exchange programs for incoming students, as well as summer and winter schools;
- Offering comprehensive administrative support to the international students of the programs listed above;
- Coordinating “Buddy System”, ITMO University’s international students’ support program, as well as providing organizational assistance to the English-speaking students club “Get Local”;
- Assisting with student recruitment activities, promoting the University via informational events organized for prospective students and their representatives;
- Collaborating with online student recruitment platforms;
- Holding the “Study Abroad at Home” competition for Russian ITMO University students, which gives them access to the international educational environment and is aimed at developing the students’ intercultural awareness, communication skills, and English language proficiency;
- Evaluating academic credentials issued in foreign countries, checking them for compliance with the requirements of a relevant Russian educational level, verifying the legitimacy of academic credentials through falsification control, and offering consultations on the evaluation of higher and secondary education certificates;
- Managing the conversion of marks in international education certificates in accordance with the Russian five-point marking system and vice versa, as well as establishing the equivalences in grading systems of different countries;
- Preparing Transcripts of records for ITMO University students applying for international exchange programs, as well as Diploma Supplements for the University graduates.