- Cфера деятельности Научная деятельность
- Подразделение Международный научно-исследовательский центр нанофотоники и метаматериалов
- Контактное лицо Margarita Petrova, HR-manager of the Department of Physics and Engineering, email@example.com
Пожалуйста, обратите внимание, что мы ищем специалиста с хорошим знанием английского языка, поэтому дальнейшее описание вакансии представлено на английском.
The Department of Physics and Engineering of ITMO University is a creative synergy of honorary professors, ambitious scientists, and students. In a decade of joint work, we have grown from a small laboratory into a large international scientific center, where the most relevant scientific directions are developed, and educational programs are implemented.
A competition for a position at the Department of Physics and Engineering in the field of postdoctoral researcher is open.
The Department of Physics and Engineering conducts research in the following fields:
- dielectric and quantum nanophotonics;
- topological photonics;
- optical and microwave metamaterials and metasurfaces;
- meta-devices for MRI;
- wireless power transmission;
We cooperate with many renowned universities worldwide, including the University of Texas at Dallas, Utrecht University, Aalto University, the University of Iceland, the Nanyang Technological University, the Australian National University.
The Department of Physics and Engineering has cutting-edge equipment for conducting high-level research in such fields as plasmonics, nonlinear optics, dielectric nanophotonics, sources of single photons and their applications. Among the the Department’s most recent developments are wireless radio frequency coils for MRI, wireless power transmission, solar cells based on perovskites, perovskite LEDs, etc.
Our researchers publish their works in high-impact scientific journals, including Nature Photonics, Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, Physical Review Letters, Laser & Photonics Reviews, Nanoscale, ACS Photonics, etc.
Among the The Department’s main areas of research are:
- Energy Materials
- Optics and Photonics
Postdoctoral researchers are expected to contribute to the research activities of the Department by cooperating with their colleagues, writing and publishing scientific articles, and sharing their experience with undergraduate and graduate students as well as work with students and postgraduate students as a scientific supervisor. We expect you will have strong interest both in educational and scientific activities.
By the end of the postdoctoral training researchers are expected to continue their independent research career.
- a recent PhD degree (obtained within the last five years);
- at least two Scopus/Web of Science publications over the last year.
- demonstrated excellence in research, scholarship, and teaching;
- good analytical and solving problems skills;
- excellent communication skills.
- solid research record evidenced by high quality publications in high-impact journals;
- strong commitment to teaching and students advising at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
- demonstrated ability to develop and sustain internally and externally funded research;
- prior experience in the role of PI or Co-PI in funded research projects would be an asset;
- industrial experience in a related industry would be an asset.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Send your Curriculum Vitae (CV), list of publications and a short motivational letter describing realized scientific and educational projects, and plans for the future (not exceeding 2 pages) via this address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about us visit our website.
If you are excited to be at the forefront of pioneering higher education, embark on your career with ITMO University today!