Postdoctoral Researcher (Theoretical Nanophotonics and Metamaterials)
- Cфера деятельности Научная деятельность
- Подразделение Международный научно-исследовательский центр нанофотоники и метаматериалов
- Контактное лицо Евгения Федосовская, менеджер по персоналу, +7 (911) 147 23 30, +7 (931) 538 01 70, email@example.com
Пожалуйста, обратите внимание, что мы ищем специалиста с хорошим знанием английского языка, поэтому дальнейшее описание вакансии представлено на английском.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- a recent PhD degree (obtained within the last five years);
- at least two Scopus/Web of Science publications over the last year;
- research experience in theoretical optics and electrodynamics;
- research experience in numerical simulation of optical phenomena;
- demonstrated ability to carry out independent and collaborative research.
The research will be carried out at ITMO University’s International Research Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials and will focus on theoretical analysis and numerical simulation of optical properties of passive, active and nonlinear nanophotonic devices, in particular bound states in the continuum and their applications in nonlinear harmonics generation, optical tuning, lasing, and sensing.
The successful applicant should be strongly motivated, highly competent, and ambitious. They should have a PhD (or equivalent) degree in optics, condensed matter physics, semiconductor physics, or other related fields, as well as an excellent track record. Since the research will primarily focus on the analysis of photonic structures, experience in theoretical and numerical methods of electrodynamics is also needed.
Other required qualifications include a result-oriented approach to work, good presentation and academic writing skills.
ITMO University’s International Research Center of Nanophotonics and Metamaterials, headed by Prof. Pavel Belov, is looking for a postdoctoral researcher.
The Center conducts research in the following fields:
- dielectric and quantum nanophotonics;
- topological photonics;
- optical and microwave metamaterials and metasurfaces;
- meta-devices for MRI;
- wireless power transmission;
We cooperate with many renowned universities worldwide, including the University of Texas at Dallas, Utrecht University, Aalto University, the University of Iceland, the Nanyang Technological University, the Australian National University, and the University of Lorraine. The Research Center has won two megagrants (a large research grant awarded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation), as well several Russian and international grants including Horizon 2020.
The Center has state-of-the-art equipment for conducting high-level research in such fields as plasmonics, nonlinear optics, dielectric nanophotonics, the sources of single photons and their applications. Among the Center’s most recent developments are wireless radio frequency coils for MRI, wireless power transmission, solar cells based on perovskites, perovskite LEDs, etc.
Our researchers publish their works in high-impact scientific journals, including Nature Photonics, Advanced Materials, Nano Letters, Physical Review Letters, Laser & Photonics Reviews, Nanoscale, ACS Photonics, etc.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Понравилась вакансия? Ждем ваше резюме на firstname.lastname@example.org.