Postdoctoral position (Interdisciplinary research in the field of Smart Crystals)
- Cфера деятельности Научная деятельность Postdoc
- Подразделение Физико-технический факультет Университета ИТМО
- Контактное лицо Маргарита Петрова, HR-менеджер Физико-технического факультета Университета ИТМО, email@example.com
The Department of Physics and Engineering of ITMO University is a creative synergy of honorary professors, ambitious scientists, and students. In a decade of joint work, we have grown from a small laboratory into a large international scientific center, where the most relevant scientific directions are developed, and educational programs are implemented.
The Department of Physics and Engineering opens a position on the direction of studying a new promising class of materials within the framework of the "Smart crystals" project.
Tasks in terms of the project:
- development of a new direction in the creation of smart optical devices based on "soft" crystals;
- work with methods of optical spectroscopy, microscopy, nonlinear optics;
- data analysis XRD, HRTEM, TGA, etc.
- publication of articles in accordance with the KPIs of the department;
- participation in educational activities;
- conferences and seminars speaking.
- higher physical / chemical education (Ph.D. degree);
- prior experience with management and project management, independent development of the direction "from scratch";
- high motivation, a wish to learn new things;
- English skill level Upper Intermediate or higher;
- the ability to apply the skills of optical spectroscopy, electron microscopy, structural analysis in practice;
- chemical synthesis methods skill;
- solving non-standard tasks, working in an interdisciplinary team;
- a creative approach to solving problems;
- focus on achieving results;
- prior experience of conferences speaking;
- team leader recommendations (from the previous workplace or where the defense took place);
- share our principles and values.
- young and friendly team, charitable atmosphere;
- communication with recognized experts in the subject area, professional competence of colleagues, international collaborations;
- opportunity to suggest ideas and be heard;
- participation in international scientific conferences;
- work on high-tech modern laboratory equipment;
- corporate English for employees;
- work in the historical center of St. Petersburg;
- corporate events;
- annual PTO;
- social package: official employment, recreation in a corporate out-of-town health center, events for employees and their children, etc.
Lomonosova street, 9, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
The application should contain:
- cover letter stating your research experience and current research interest and motivation;
- list of publications;
- names of two referees.
The applications should be submitted via firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF file.