Front-End Developer (Digital Urban Data Platform Project)
- Job Category Part-Time Jobs for Students
- Unit National Center for Cognitive Technologies
- Contacts Anastasia Klyuykova, email@example.com
Operating on the basis of ITMO University, National Center for Cognitive Technologies is a National Technology Initiative competence center in the interdisciplinary area of Machine Learning and Cognitive Technologies. Among others, it offers professional positions to beginner researchers and developers wanting to advance their competencies in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and cognitive technologies in close collaboration with major industrial partners.
Implemented at ITMO University, the Digital Urban Data Platform Project is aimed at the creation of an information platform that would provide for the presentation of the latest urban data and the results of application of cutting-edge analysis methods for analysts and decision-makers.
The project is set to continue until the end of 2020 with an extension to 2021.
It implies applying machine learning and artificial intelligence methods for the analysis of cities and urban processes.
- Development of the front-end aspect of the project;
- Development and coordination of user interface prototypes;
- Development of data analysis methods (optional);
- Project support (development, refactoring);
- Participation in the discussion of ideas and tasks.
- Higher education in the field of computer technologies / applied mathematics;
- Understanding of the principles of interface design;
- Knowledge of modern frameworks, experience in the creation of complex forms;
- Experience of working with map display libraries on websites;
- Understanding of the principles of client-server application architecture, REST.
Will be a plus:
- Knowledge of data analysis and machine learning methods (clustering, regressions, dimensionality reduction, outlier search, normalization, etc.);
- Programming knowledge: Python, R, C/C++;
- Understanding of object-oriented programming concepts and design patterns.
- Opportunity to enroll in PhD studies at ITMO University and earn a degree upon their completion;
- Young, friendly team;
- Unconventional tasks, working in an interdisciplinary team;
- Communicating with renowned experts in the field;
- Creative approach to task-solving;
- Working in St. Petersburg’s historical center;
- Paid annual leave;
- Employment benefits: official employment, access to the corporate recreation center, events for staff, etc.
- Probation period of two months.